best website stats
We have moved our website permanently to our domain at www.DrexelDems.org. This website will remain available as an archive, but new content will be posted exclusively to DrexelDems.org.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spawn of Doocy

Yesterday afternoon I caught all of 4 minutes of the Hardball College Tour with McCain at Villanova. We had sent some students out to Villanova to show support against McCain, and I flipped on Hardball to see what was going on. I only watched two questions from the audience, both of which utterly embarrassing to Villanova. The first was some grimey college republican, straight out of central casting, trying to get McCain to bite on Obama's "typical white person" remark from a while back. I felt bad for McCain, Villanova, and that students parents.

The next question I saw was from another Vanilla-nova student apparently trying to set the bar just a little bit lower. He brought up Hillary's PBR+shot special, and invited McCain to do a shot with him. Everyone laughed, because you know, fratboys spend a lot of time drinking. We get it.

I didn't think much of it until I saw on HuffPo this morning that the second intrepid doofus is actually the son of the most comically stupid man on television, Steve Doocy of Fox and Friends. Fox and Friends is one the most rabidly unhinged shows on television, the one where Fox News' own Chris Wallace had to actually tell them they were going overboard on the Obama bashing.

I don't have much more to say about these two because frankly, there isn't anything that could be said about them that wouldn't be better illustrated by watching Doocy Sr. on Fox and Friends for about 30 seconds. I just found it interesting that the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

|