best website stats
We have moved our website permanently to our domain at www.DrexelDems.org. This website will remain available as an archive, but new content will be posted exclusively to DrexelDems.org.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Speaking to U.S.



On the way to McFaddens the other night Loren and I noticed this graffiti under an overpass near 3rd and Callowhill. We were coming from the Obama rally, so it struck me as Obama right away.

I love the imagery of Obama plugged right into the United States. Much has been made of Obama's ability to speak to students and young people, but I think the graffiti is accurate in that he's plugged right into the entire United States. In as much as a politician can reach people directly with an appealing message, Obama is doing it.


As far as I can tell, the artist behind these images is found at GoTellMama.org There is a gallery of his art sightings, but I only see other "Speaking to U.S." images in Chicago. Have any of you guys seen other images around Philly? Send me your pics if you have, I'm curious about them. I love viral graffiti campaigns.



Here is his/her gallery.

Click "There's more..." for a short video from the artist, who I found online, and more images of that image around the country.

|